Read Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry Free Online
Book Title: Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire|
The author of the book: Steve Perry
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 869 KB
Edition: Bantam Books
Date of issue: March 1st 1997
ISBN 13: 9780553504729
Read full description of the books Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire:"Book, you have the right to a speedy trial" review
- Author does a great job portraying the battle between the Dark Side and the Light Side of the Force - I just reread that sentence...I'm starting to think it's possible that I might be a... GEEK! :o
- Personalities of the classic Star Wars characters are captured very well...particularly Lando! - Me, a geek? I always thought I was as suave and sophisticated as Lando as I strut around in my dress shirt and Scooby-Doo tie!
- Fills in the gaps between "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" nicely - So if you're like me and ever wondered where Leia got her bounty hunter costume from "Jedi"...oh my god Lucas, who asks questions like that?!? I AM A GEEK!!!
- Action sequences flow nicely...especially the exciting dogfights between the spaceships - If only there been some indication I may be turning into a geek at my high school prom when I spent the whole night sitting in the corner reading comic books...oh, okay, now I get it!
- Xizor and Guri make very compelling adversaries for both the Rebel Alliance and the Empire - Know what? If enjoying Star Wars makes me a geek, then I'm perfectly happy being a geek! (Which is good, since fate already made that decision for me a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!)
- Princess Leia spends a little too much time in the "damsel in distress" role - Realizing that instead of kicking butt, Leia was going to spend several chapters sitting in a prison cell? I believe Darth Vader said it best when he said, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
- Some of the Darth Vader POV felt a little...off! - Reading things like, "Vader sighed"...Vader NEVER sighs! That sound wasn't a sigh, dammit, it was him choking the life out of the inept Imperial commander who would have made a lesser villain sigh!!! The Dark Lord of the Sith DOES NOT SIGH!(Easy, Dave, compose yourself...)
- Dash Rendar just might be the most annoying Star Wars character ever...
Alright...second most annoying Star Wars character ever...
*SIGH* (See that, I can sigh, but not Vader...NEVER Vader!) Let's just say Dash Rendar is in the Top Ten Most Annoying Star Wars characters list and leave it at that!
An entertaining adventure that captures most of the magic of Star Wars (as well as a few of the missteps), this book is a fun romp for anyone who's already watched the movies and wants more Star Wars!
FULL REVIEW TO COME
Read information about the authorSteven Carl Perry has written over fifty novels and numerous short stories, which have appeared in various magazines and anthologies. Perry is perhaps best known for the Matador series. He has written books in the Star Wars, Alien and Conan universes. He was a collaborator on all of the Tom Clancy's Net Force series, seven of which have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller list. Two of his novelizations, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and Men in Black have also been bestsellers. Other writing credits include articles, reviews, and essays, animated teleplays, and some unproduced movie scripts. One of his scripts for Batman: The Animated Series was an Emmy Award nominee for Outstanding Writing.
Perry is a member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, The Animation Guild, and the Writers Guild of America, West
Add a comment to Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Read EBOOK Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry Online free
|Download Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire PDF:||star-wars-shadows-of-the-empire.pdf|